Employment Category: Sales & Marketing
Company Name: AAR
Work Schedule: Full-Time
Available Shifts: Days
Work Location: New York Metro Area
Contact Phone: (516) 357 2789
The Manager of Pricing will establish the best pricing solutions for aircraft component repairs to secure winning bids for military and commercial business, while meeting company objectives for revenue and profit margin goals. The Manager of Pricing will efficiently compile and analyze historical data from diverse sources and collaborate closely with engineering, production, business development, purchasing and other stakeholders to provide the best and timely response to RFPs, RFQs and internal requests. The Manager of Pricing will also monitor competitive pricing to understand and react to current market conditions and prepare pricing support for Defense Systems and Logistics bids and proposals in accordance with government accounting standards. In addition, the Manager of Pricing will assist in SIOP forecasting to optimize inventory planning and shop efficiencies. The Manger of Pricing will draw heavily on his or her expert skills in Excel, Access and data base management to efficiently and accurately analyze relevant data to generate winning proposals.
- Responsible for both Commercial and Military proposal pricing.
- Use of cost estimates with k factors or ERP historical cost data to develop pricing.
- Review of market data and other data when available to validate pricing.
- Manage and leverage internal and external resources to obtain information needed for proposal pricing (i.e.: Purchasing, Operations, Engineering, Finance, etc.).
- Internal key point of contact to interface with AAR Sales Team and Military Business Development members.
- Generate and provide key reports and metrics specific to the pricing process and related activities on a regular basis in a timely manner.
- Update, maintain, and follow internal policies, procedures and work instructions that are relative to the pricing process.
- Key participant in the process to identify and analyze AAR internal spend in order to determine how and whether to move various component repair & overhaul workload to ACS-NY.
- Assists in preparing pricing for proposals in conformity with government contracting guidelines.
- Heavy amount of work with data from ERP, BI compiled in spreadsheets.
- Use the estimating system in conformance with government and Defense OEM requirements.
- Assist in negotiations with customers on pricing issues.
- Manage and leverage AAR internal and external resources to create Commercial and Military proposals that meet RFP/RFQ requirements or as requested by the AAR Corporate Sales Team (i.e.: Purchasing, Operations, Engineering, Finance, etc.).
- Use of contract labor when necessary to assist in the writing of large proposals. Internal key point of contact and interface with AAR Commercial and Military Business Development and Sales Team members.
- Use of Salesforce.com and other related systems as a tool to monitor and report on the proposal process.
- Generate and provide key reports and metrics specific to the proposal process and related activities on a regular basis in a timely manner.
- Update, maintain, and follow internal policies, procedures and work instructions that are relative to the proposal process.
Continuous Improvement (C.I.) Activities
- Monitor planned versus actual gross margin and lead efforts to improve margins.
- Actively participate on cross-functional teams in support of continuous improvement projects
- Participate in the process of identifying new business opportunities in addition to those which come through the sales team or via emailed RFPs.
- Prepare or assist in the preparations of both solicited and unsolicited proposals in response to new opportunities.
- Utilize reliability engineering data to identify candidate components for product improvement.
- Create a strategy for pursuing product improvement opportunities with the respective customer, OEM or independent of the OEM.
- Generate and provide key reports and metrics related to commercial business development on a regular basis in a timely manner.
- Monitor competitive pricing.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to company values and ethics
- Dependability: personally responsible, completes work in a timely manner, and performs tasks accurately
- Motivation: must maintain a positive attitude and strong work energy Organization: very detail oriented and always comes prepared
- Communication: excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
- Analytical skills: must be able to gather information and use data to determine cause and effect for complex problem solving, with an emphasis on spreadsheet manipulation Initiative: plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions, prepares for problems or opportunities in advance, undertakes additional responsibilities
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. -Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility.
- Bachelor of Arts degree (B.A.) or Bachelor of Science degree (B.S.) from a four-year College or university; or eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-5 years of related experience and/or training involving government contracts is desired.
- Experience in preparing pricing support for proposals is desired.
- Expert-level Excel skills.
- Working knowledge of FARs, CAS, certified cost or pricing data requirements and GSA rates is desired.