New York City TSO Multi-Step Recruiting Event
- LaGuardia Airport, LaGuardia Airport, Queens, NY 11371 US
- John F. Kennedy International Airport, Queens, NY 11354 US
- 18 years or older
- U.S. citizen or national
- High school diploma, GED or security experience equivalent
- No previous security experience is required
Join the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) to begin the hiring process for the Transportation Security Officer (TSO) position at Logan Internation Airport.
Sign-on Bonus: The Transportation Security Administration is offering a sign-on bonus of up to $1,000.00 for this location, which includes $500 after onboarding and an additional $500 after one year of service (with service agreement). This initiative applies to TSO new hires that onboard before Sept 30, 2022.
TSA offers rewarding, meaningful careers and professional growth. We are a team of dedicated individuals who work hard to deliver our mission of protecting the nation’s transportation systems and ensuring safe travels.
TSOs are the backbone of TSA and represent the public face of the agency to millions of travelers a day. They are responsible for screening passengers, baggage and cargo to keep our transportation systems safe.
What to expect?
This event may feature multiple hiring components which will vary by event. Provided you pass each component, it’s possible you may:
- Attend an information session to learn more about the TSO position and employment with TSA;
- Apply for the TSO position, if you did not apply online prior to the event;
- Take a computer-based test (CBT) to evaluate English language proficiency and object recognition aptitude;
- Participate in a structured interview to assess qualifications for the position;
- Complete a medical evaluation, federal drug screening and pre-hire background investigation soon after the event.
Tips for the Event
- If you don’t feel well, please do not attend.
- Apply online in advance for quicker processing. Please note that a resume and previous work experience are not required for your USAJOBS profile or the TSA application.
- Consider arriving early to allow more time to complete all components.
- Face masks required. Social distancing and COVID-19 health and safety protocols will be observed.
In accordance with New York City’s requirements, all people 12 and older are required to show identification and proof they have received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in order to participate in public, indoor activities. You will be asked to provide proof of your vaccination status to be granted entry into all indoor TSA Recruiting Events in New York City. Examples of acceptable proof of vaccination documentation: • COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card.
• NYC Vaccination Record or other official immunization record, including documentation from your health care provider. If you are unable to get this record, call 311.
• NYC COVID Safe App: You can upload to this app a photo of your CDC vaccination card or other official record, along with your photo ID.
• CLEAR Health Pass App: You can use the digital vaccine card option in the CLEAR app if you are 18 and older and are fully vaccinated.
• Excelsior Pass/Plus App: To use this app, you will need the phone number or email address associated with your New York vaccination record.