Deicing Supervisor -1913678
- Supervise the day-to-day operation of the CDF, ensuring that all Company safety and health policies are enforced.
- Guides and directs employees in the effective execution of their duties.
- Oversee Deicing and Glycol recovery operations for the CDF.
- Ensure that daily staff levels are sufficient to meet the operational requirements.
- Coordinate equipment levels to meet the operational requirements.
- Participate in the development and implementation of processes for improvement to the operation of the CDF
- Coordinate with Equipment Maintenance staff and sub-contractors as required any repairs or maintenance on equipment
- Review and complete all relevant operational and incident reports accurately and within a timely manner
- Monitor the quality of equipment, fluids and facility and report on deficiencies
- Accept fresh glycol deliveries
- Knowledge and understanding of the collective agreement.
- All other duties associated with the job classification.
Qualifications and Competencies
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Minimum one year experience in deicing operations or related fieldBe able to pass security clearance (criminal background check)Obtain and maintain a valid airport RAIC and AVOP designationPossess a valid NY driver’s licenseTechnical knowledge of the deicing equipmentSupervisory experience in a unionized environment, an assetExperience in deicing operationsExcellent verbal and written communication skillsKnowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel and OutlookMust possess strong organizational and multi-tasking skillsSense of leadership, diplomacy and team spiritFlexible to work various shifts (days, evenings, weekends and holidays)Deicing experience requiredSeasonal position (Sept-April)