Fleet/Ground Service Equipment (GSE) A Mechanic/Diesel Mechanic
Salary: Pay Rate Based on Experience
Work Schedule: Full-Time
Available Shifts: Days
Work Location:JFK Airport
The Ground Support Equipment (GSE) Mechanic A is responsible for properly diagnosing and performing repairs to gas and diesel-powered engines, hydraulic, electric, and air brake systems. This role plays a critical part in the continued success of the company and the safety of its team members.
- Two to five years of related experience and/or training.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment malfunctions using electrical and hydraulic schematics with test equipment is required.
- Repair, recondition, and maintain equipment components.
- Prepare and complete electronic work orders.
- Maintain company equipment; to be kept in clean, orderly, and functioning condition.
- Perform scheduled Preventative Maintenance Inspections (PMI's).
- Read and understand Manufacturer provided literature.
- Communicate with associates and management effectively regarding equipment conditions, issues, and recommendations.
- Routinely required to work under inclement weather conditions.
- Promote a safe work environment, and comply with all company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Able to meet the Station’s attendance standards.
- Must be fully vaccinated against Covid 19, or have an approved religious or medical exemption AND submit weekly negative test results at the employee's cost. (Per JFK Vaccine mandate).
- Technician must own and maintain required personal tools, toolbox, and test equipment to perform their daily functions.
- Possess/maintain a valid state driver’s license and other FAA/Airport required identification/seals or authorizations.
- Two to Five years related experience and/or training.
- Professional and detail-oriented thought process.
- Knowledge of airport Ground Service Equipment (GSE) and airport operations is a plus, but not required.
- Certified in Air Brake adjustment.
- Able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to lifting, pulling, and pushing heavy items of 75 pounds or more; as well as bending standing, climbing, or walking.
- Able to work various shifts, including weekends.
- Must be able to work safely in an environment containing chemicals, cleaning materials, dust, and noise.