CDL Class A Drivers
Salary: $22.50 base rate + $2.50 summer bonus per hour through August 31, 2022
Work Schedule: Full-Time
Work Location:JFK Airport
dnata is one of the world’s largest air services providers. Established in 1959, the company ensures the aviation industry operates smoothly and efficiently in 129 airports. Offering ground handling, cargo, travel, and flight catering services in 35 countries across six continents, dnata is a trusted partner for over 300 airline customers around the world. Each day, the company handles over 1,900 flights, moves over 8,500 tons of cargo, books over 16,000 hotel stays, and uplifts over 320,000 meals.
- Must perform both pre and post-trip inspections and bring any issues or concerns to the Managers attention
- Must complete entries into DVIR (Driver's Vehicle Inspection Report) book prior to utilizing equipment
- Must obey all state laws while driving
- All traffic signals and signs shall be observed and obeyed
- Must assist in loading and unloading the contents of the trailers
- Must ensure that all locks are operational and in the locked position before operating unit.
- Must keep the interior of the tractor cab free of trash and debris
- Will ensure fuel levels are always maintained to ensure and no damage to engine or operational failures due to running out of fuel
- Driver must perform a complete walk-around of the tractor and trailer before operating unit.
- All accidents must be reported immediately to your Manager and/or Supervisor
- No unauthorized stops or detours between origin and destination while driving a dnata tractor/trailer
- Tight 180-degree turns are not authorized
- Must report to work timely and clock in before each shift and clock out at the conclusion of each shift
- Possess/maintain a valid State driver’s license and other FAA/Airport required identification/seals or authorizations
- Adherence to dnata uniform standards
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be flexible to work variable shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to work extended hours on short notice during irregular operation
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without accommodations.