Employment Category: Maintenance
Company Name: dnata USA
Work Schedule: Full-Time
Available Shifts: Days
Work Location: JFK Airport
Manages the service, repair, and overall maintenance of Ground Service Equipment (GSE) at JFK Airport. Additionally, supply the RAMP & Service teams with safe and reliable equipment that meet the local and governing bodies requirements.
Manages the service, repair, and overall maintenance of Ground Service Equipment (GSE) at JFK Airport. Additionally, supply the RAMP & Service teams with safe and reliable equipment that meets the local and governing bodies' requirements.
- Manage engineering workshop for maintenance of all ground support equipment based at JFK airport to ensure quality service to all customer airlines by optimizing the utilization of manpower, equipment, and material.
- Work closely with the team, OEM and regulatory authorities to develop modern systems, and equipment procedures applicable to area of responsibility and ensure other accountabilities are met in the most effective manner.
- Develop and support maintenance training plans according to operational requirements.
- Responsible to develop, support and harmonize maintenance procedures and policies.
- Monitor budget and expenditure of the maintenance throughout the year and control budget within budget target.
- Develop work force skills including professional aptitude Enhanced knowledge, safety procedures, and quality awareness.
- Develop and support new projects and tasks to generate revenue.
- Revise GSE maintenance plans, Check lists according to operational requirements consultation with OEM's.
- Revised Authority manual & Maintenance Policy/ Procedures as required, ensure implementation across the stations.
- Develop and support for CAPEX project planning in conjunction with the relevant procurement teams.
- Manage all relevant external/internal audits.
- Drive a continuous improvement culture within maintenance, planning, and function implementation.
- Maintain awareness of relevant new/emerging IATA regulations and participate in any consultation processes, to ensure the company is well positioned to manage any impact.
- Engage with relevant OEM’s to establish a channel for established commercial support where necessary.
- Implementation of a station management system.
- Ensuring safety and security in station operations as fundamental operation priorities.
- The day-to-day administration and operation of the SMS at the station level.
- Ensure that maintenance works are performed according to IATA and manufacturer standard recommendations.
- Ensure regulatory authority and customer airlines audit requirements compliance.
- Evaluate technical specifications of the GSE’s to ensure that new/ used equipment sourced are following IATA and regulatory standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- 5+ years in aviation, automotive, or manufacturing industry.
- Supply Chain certification a plus (CSCP, SCOR, CPIM etc.)
- Lean certifications a plus (Six Sigma green belt or above)
- Minimum 5+ years supply chain experience.
- Familiar with common and best supply chain practices.
- Travel as required.