Employment Category: Administrative
Company Name: East/West Industries
Work Schedule: Full-Time
Available Shifts: Days
Work Location: New York Metro Area
Contact Phone: (631) 981-5900
The Buyer coordinates and executes less complex purchasing transactions under general supervision. Activities include placing and confirming purchase orders with approved suppliers for established materials, parts, or services in accordance with contracts and production schedule. Responsible for expediting and problem resolution as required as well as and handling and resolving documentation discrepancies, procurement clerical issues and correspondence.
- Negotiates and procures less complex and simple materials, supplies and equipment based on requirements.
- Locates new sources of supply when necessary to achieve optimal cost, delivery, and quality, to align with corporate goals and terms and conditions.
- Generates Supplier Activation, Reactivation or Inactive form and submits to Quality for production items.
- Maintains Supplier contact information, address, etc.
- Generates Supplier Survey for those suppliers that have relocated, as required.
- Maintain purchase orders and other required documents to ensure compliance.
- May set up outside services for manufactured parts.
- Works with Suppliers, Receiving and Accounting to Resolve Invoice issues.
- Processes documentation for Manufactured Parts (e.g. Certifications/Material Mill Certifications/First Article Inspection Reports, etc.)
- Guides and assists Expeditor to follow up with suppliers to improve or confirm expected delivery dates.
- Works with the supplier rejections to ensure corrective actions are taken and corrected.
- Other departmental duties as required
- High School Diploma, GED or relevant vocational training preferred.
- Minimum 3 years Buyer experience preferred.
- Minimum 2 years' Experience in a Manufacturing setting preferred.
- Knowledge of ERP systems preferred.
- Preferred background in dealing with aerospace requirements (industry experience).
- U.S. Citizenship Required.
- Ability to read, write, and speak in English proficiently.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook knowledge.
East/West offers a generous benefits package, including but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, Vision,
- Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability
- Aflac Voluntary benefits (Critical Illness, Accident, Hospital, STD)
- PTO (3 weeks accrued first year!)
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) with matching
- Pet Insurance
- 9/80 work schedule (Every other Friday off)
EAST/WEST INDUSTRIES INC. is a woman-owned small business in Ronkonkoma, NY. We are a world leader in the development and production of aircraft seats and life support systems for high-performance military aircraft and ground support equipment for servicing such aircraft.