Design Engineer 1
Design Engineer 1
Employment Category: Technician
Company Name: East/West Industries
Work Schedule: Full-Time
Available Shifts: Days
Work Location: New York Metro Area
The Design Engineer 1 is responsible for the analysis and development of designs for an aerospace system or subsystem or its support hardware within parameters established by design specifications.
- Develops novel solutions to engineering problems
- Participates in trade-off studies of designs and solutions to potential or actual design and fabrication problems, providing necessary data on assigned aspects of specific studies.
- Participates in design reviews and coordinates resultant changes within immediate department and with Purchasing, Manufacturing, and subcontractors to assure scheduled completion of designs and end products.
- Support test conduct and evaluate test data.
- Evaluates mechanical systems and products by designing and conducting research programs, applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics materials.
- Confirms system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods, testing properties.
- Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Determine needs of the user.
- Build prototypes using 3D printer and/or machined parts.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- BSME Required.
- Solid Modeling Required; SolidWorks Preferred.
- FEA Experience Preferred
- Analysis, Design, Presenting Technical Information, Conceptual, and Quality Focus Skills Required.
- 1-5 years Aerospace or Defense Industry Experience Preferred.
East/West offers a generous benefits package, including but not limited to:
- Medical Dental, Vision,
- Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability
- Aflac Voluntary benefits (Critical Illness, Accident, Hospital, STD)
- PTO (3 weeks accrued first year)
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) with matching
- Pet Insurance
- 9/80 work week (Every other Friday off)