Field Services Operations Supervisor
- Responsible for overall efficient and effective Service Center operations regarding pick-up and delivery personnel and services.
- Ensures all material is picked up and delivered from/to all area accounts in accordance with DHL guidelines, customer expectations and government regulations.
- Ensures safe, efficient and timely handling and transportation of all customer materials.
- Works with sales management to promote DHL sales growth by advising on customer activities and achieving specific customer call targets.
- When required ensures compliance with import/export regulations, duties, and tariffs in some markets.
- Supervises a staff; responsible for hiring, coaching, training, and developing subordinate staff.
- Typically requires BS/BA and 3-5 years experience in related field, including at least one year of supervisory/leadership experience.
- Supervision in a union environment is a plus
- Complete understanding and wide application of principles, theories, and concepts on the transportation/shipping industry.
- Knows and effectively uses fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures relative to quality and productivity improvements, training, budgeting and cost control, and progressive techniques in area of specialization.
- Generally understands basic supervisory approaches for work direction, motivation, and disciplinary action.
- Valid New York State Driver’s License and a Motor Vehicle Record that meets Driving Privileges standards