The Port Authority of NY & NJ is seeking to fill skilled-trade General Maintainers in various NY/NJ Facilities. The temporary General Maintainer position is often the entry-point for many maintenance career paths at the Port Authority.
General Maintainers are general laborers who are responsible for variety of manual and semi-skilled construction trades for the Building Construction/General Maintainer (GM) position. General Maintainers will carry-out critical maintenance work that enable our facilities to remain safe and operational for the traveling public.
General Maintainers perform work that typically requires the knowledge of the following trade fields:
- Snow removal for commercial property
- Structural and mechanical maintenance
- Knowledge of materials, tools, blueprint reading and equipment of these trades
General Maintainers work a 40-hour week, which includes rotating shifts, nights, weekends, holidays, during inclement weather and overtime as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Two (2) years of journey-level work experience in the building construction, general laborer fields
- Valid driver license with the ability to obtain a Commercial Driver License (CDL) Class B permit before the first day of work
Selected candidates will be subject to a comprehensive background check and will be asked to provide copies of the required licenses for verification.