PT Warehouse Operations Agent
We currently have opportunities available for part time Warehouse Operations Agents at our Jamaica, NY Service Station. The Service Agent will provide operational management and support to ensure efficient and timely pick-up and delivery of customer materials and shipments. He/she will ensure compliance with safety, security, regulatory, and company policies.
- Responsible for all activities involved in ramp operations at hubs, gateways, and terminals, including processing time-sensitive materials for pick-up, transit, and delivery and the sorting, loading, unloading, and material handling of materials.
- Moves material with speed and accuracy according to established procedures to meet deadlines for business necessity.
- Receives, sorts and segregates incoming materials, parts, products, supplies, and equipment for warehouse/distribution facilities.
- Performs sort, load, unload, and other material handling activities in accordance with approved procedures.
- Operates scanner to process all incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Loads and unloads materials on to or off of pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand.
- Sorts and processes outgoing materials and cargo according to established procedures and regulations.
- Loads materials and cargo into vehicles and uses hand tools to install strapping, bracing, and padding.
- Prepares and updates information in computerized systems such as logs, packing lists, pick tickets, invoices, inventories, transfer/delivery tickets, orders/receipts, etc.
- May operate a forklift. May drive vehicles to airlines, brokers, government agencies and other locations.
- Successfully completes certification training and maintains currency in the use of all equipment as it relates to the loading, unloading, and material handling equipment, including, not limited to, forklifts, tugs, belt loaders, and cargo loaders.
- Depending on functional area of assignment, tasks involve the regular and, at times, sustained performance of moderately physically demanding work and may require occasional lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of heavy objects or materials (up to 80 pounds)
- Entry level service, production, or support role requiring basic skills; can perform the basic tasks within the function
- strong communication skills (both oral and written)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- HS diploma or GED required
- Generally 0-2 years of experience in area of responsibility
- NY State Driver License (out of state driver license will not be accepted)