Safety Officer - 1913791
Implement the safety management policies and procedures locally so that all employees have a safe and healthy working environment and Swissport complies with all current and future regulations and laws.
- Maintain a register of all station specific legislation applicable to occupational health and safety and complement Swissport’s
- corporate, country and/or divisional documentation with applicable station specifics.
- Ensure implementation of safety management standards within the station.
- Establish and lead Station Monthly Safety Management Meetings and bi-annual Station Employee Health & Safety Committee
- Report to the Head of Health & Safety Country / Division on a functional basis.
- Deliver regular safety performance reports to the Station Management.
- Ensure all hazards, incidents are being reported and recorded.
- Initiate, lead and carry out investigations on occurrences in line with corporate standards.
- Plan, prepare and conduct internal safety audits at given intervals at the station and initiate / monitor corrective actions based on
- audit findings and occurrence investigations.
- Establish and maintain the station operational risk register
- Safety Performance index
- Diploma/ professional qualifications or equivalent in related field
- Minimum 1 year experience in safety management and/or management system
- Knowledge of country specific laws and industry regulations related to safety and safety management
- In-depth knowledge of MS Office
- Good oral and written communications and ability to communicate and motivate and drive standards at all levels
- A sense of passion for improving safety standards and a commitment to continuous improvement
- Ability to persuade, gain support, obtain commitment, and mobilize a team to action
- Operational and general compliance orientation
- Personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness