The Farmingdale College Aviation Program students spent the day at JFK Airport meeting the leaders of the airport community. It was an amazing opportunity for the students to hear from the panel, ask any questions and spend time with such high profile, experienced leaders. They were treated to a demonstration and Q&A with a TSA K9 team stationed at JFK. After the panel discussion, the group toured the AOA and the TWA Hotel.
The panel consisted of Yasin Tisdale, American Airlines GM for Cargo, KAAMCO-Cargo Leadership; James Fallace, TSA Cargo Regulations; James FitzGerald, TSA Assistant Federal Security Director; Teresa Rizzuto, Interim Deputy General Manager JFK Airport; Robert Canton, Regional VP Aeroterm; Ana Lemos, Station Manager Brussels Airlines; Vito D’Anna District Manager Aircraft Handling Lufthansa Cargo; Eulises Rivera, Director of NY Operations Corporate Loss Prevention Associates; Jennifer Jolly, Director of Event Sales TWA Hotel; Victoria Guiseppi, PANY\NJ Security Intelligence Office.
The event was hosted by The JFK Airport Chamber of Commerce and arranged by Joe Clabby, Corporate Loss Preventions Associates. Dr. Jeanne Radigan Professor and Chair on the Aviation Program at Farmingdale State College was the event moderator.
With the future of aviation in the room, the seasoned airport and aviation professionals had a lot of great advice to impart upon them.
- Ana Lemos: Do what you love, then you will always have success.
- Vito D’Anna: As a former professor, just know that every semester is a 16-week interview.
- Joe Clabby: Your career is starting today in this room.
- Robert Canton: You won’t know everything, just know where to look to find it.
- James Fallace: Always be willing to learn, if you are willing…you will learn a lot.
- James FitzGerald: Life is a continuous learning process.
- Teresa Rizzuto: Stay positive and take care of your reputation.
- Victoria Guiseppi: Pay attention to not only your social media profiles,
- but the friends you associate with.
- Jennifer Jolly: Always ask questions and want to learn.
- Eulises Rivera: Making and maintaining relationships is the key to a long career.
- Y. Tisdale: Represent your company with the highest level of integrity.