The Wings Club Foundation
The premier global society of aviation professionals
The Wings Club is the premier global society of aviation professionals with over 1,300 members incl. industry leaders, pilots, professionals in related service organizations and students of aviation.
The Wings Club was born in New York City on May 15, 1942, in the early days of World War II, when a number of America’s aviation leaders decided to band together to find a suitable meeting place where they could gather to help chart the future course of aeronautics.
Specifically, The Wings Club was founded to:
- Maintain a non-profit aviation meeting place in New York City to promote the advancement and development of aeronautics,
- Provide a center for discussion of matters pertaining to aviation and;
- Provide members services and facilities to aid them in their aeronautical activities.
Led by The Wings Club’s first President, Caleb S. Bragg, prominent civil and military aviation leaders – including Eddie Rickenbacker and Juan Trippe – were named to the first board of directors.
Today, the Wings Club Foundation is a 501 (c)(3) charitable educational organization dedicated to supporting the advancement and development of aviation.