If you are considering buying a drone as a holiday gift, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) wants you and your loved ones to understand how to fly it safely.
The FAA is launching its 12 Days of Drones campaign to educate the public about the rules, regulations, and best practices of operating a drone. This December, the agency will share important drone-safety information and resources that will help future pilots stay up to date with the latest rules.
The campaign will run each weekday from December 2 – 17 with each day dedicated to a specific drone safety topic.
- Day 1 (12/2): What do I need to know before I fly?
- Day 2 (12/3): Register and mark your drone
- Day 3 (12/6): Test requirements for recreational flyers: The Recreational UAS Safety Test (TRUST)
- Day 4 (12/7): Test requirements: Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate
- Day 5 (12/8): Where can I fly?
- Day 6 (12/9): Airspace restrictions
- Day 7 (12/10): Airspace authorizations
- Day 8 (12/13): Flying at night
- Day 9 (12/14): Flying over people
- Day 10 (12/15): Flying in weather conditions
- Day 11 (12/16): Don’t fly near wildfires, natural disasters and police operations
- Day 12 (12/17): Drones for good